Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Sunday, 20 November 2016

I craft for me - I craft for you - to say "thank you!" ...Part 1


I purchased these balls of 100 per cent cotton yarn in a sale in John Lewis in the summer, and I used them to knit dishcloths.


I managed to make four dishcloths from each ball of yarn and, using my Inkle loom, I wove braids to tie them up into bundles.


I sold one bundle on Ebay.  I kept one bundle to use myself.  I gave the third bundle to a friend who gave me cooking apples from her tree....


 ...and I used those apples to make my family an apple pie with a caramel sauce.

The last bundle I gave to another friend who handed me a glut of damsons from her garden. 


I used the damsons to make a jam...


...half a jar of which I used to fill...


...this cake for my family.

I wish every day was like a Milly-Molly-Mandy story. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ah! My sister knits one thing: dishcloths from Sugar and Cream varigated yarns. She always has one going at all times.
    Off to collect the apple jam from the apple tree I babysat and tended next to my office job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh apple jam. Sounds lovely - you must be a very good babysitter. :)

      Delete