Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Burda 07-2011-116 (and a walk!)


Confessions of a Sewing Novice recently made the above pattern.  Prompting me to remember I had a copy of the original Burda magazine it appeared in.   I recognised it as it was such an unusual shape, and I liked Sewing Novice's version so much I thought I would dig out the pattern.  I traced it.  Then I stopped laughing long enough to ask Mr HoffiCoffi to take this next photo.


That is the back pattern piece of this top!  I am holding my metre ruler along the entire width.  This was going to be interesting...  The result?


Oooh look at this pretty picture of the Welsh countryside!

I am stalling... well, it's ohhh kay....


The thing is, I knew it wasn't going to be the most flattering thing I have ever worn.  As a pear shape I know to avoid baggy tops as they just make me look humongous, but this top was such fun to make and so easy to wear.  Do I really have to look nice as well?


I feel the old 'arms outstretched - look at how wide this top is' shot is obligatory in these circumstances.  The neckline was a great fit using my upper bodice measurements, I just had to widen the bottom hem to accommodate my hip measurement.  I know - on a pattern piece that big.  Sigh.  It does mean that the fit is as indicated on the model which I very much appreciate.

Anyway, I'll leave you with some more shots of our lovely family walk.







2 comments:

  1. Sometimes flattering takes the back seat, when comfortable takes the wheel! :) I think the top must be wonderful for everyday easy wear, and no! one does not have to look nice all the time (that being said, you DO look nice!)! I have a "tent top" that I know does nothing for my figure, but honestly I have stopped caring :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I am going to get a lot of wear out of this as it is so easy to just throw on with jeans. I may make another one! :)

      Delete