Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Thursday, 31 December 2015

The thing is, I've googled it since and I think orange may actually be 'in'!


Well my Christmas break has been put to good use!

I had another spurt of enthusiasm for making Barbie clothes.  This time I made a sloper for Barbie by making a cast of her torso much like the duct tape thing you can do - in real life!?.   I could then use those measurements to make clothes either from scratch or using my vintage patterns for inspiration.


I love this dress that was inspired by a seventies pattern.  Note I say inspired because, as we all know, Barbie's measurements do not correspond to normal body ratios, so I pretty much had to look at the line drawings and then make my own patterns referencing the Barbie slopers I made.


Loving this white dress with its matching underskirt.  The dresses are fully lined because it was the easiest way to have neat seams, although I am now experimenting with French seams.  That is until my enthusiasm for teeny tiny fiddly clothes wears off again!

Happy New Year! :)

4 comments:

  1. You made a duct tape cast of Barbie and a sloper for her from it?! Amazing. And mad. Good for you. I feel slightly saner now I know that other people do such crazy things (not that I've been making Barbie clothes).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was chuckling when making it. In my defence I am sure I saw an online tutorial for it ages ago but couldn't for the life of me find it again on google. Mind you - I was a little reticent to google duct tape b@rbie! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh I love that you made a duct tape sloper as well. Hilarious - but clearly worth it as Barbie got some very stylish outfits for christmas. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would have taken photos of how I did it but I didn't want to put Barbie through such ungainly photography! :)

      Delete