Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Sunday, 18 October 2015

My 62 (and a half) pence mittens


On the minus side I don't think my bokeh candlelight photography quite worked.  On the plus side I am sure that my fire alarm is working!!!

Anyway... a year ago I knitted a scarf I called my sixty two and a half pence scarf.  This is because I purchased two balls of grey acrylic yarn at a charity shop for the grand total of one pound twenty five pence and I used one of those balls for the scarf...

 
... a cute cable number using a free pattern from ravelry. 

I had every intention of using the second ball of yarn to make mittens and, a year later, I have finally finished them!


The pattern is another free pattern I found on ravelry and they knitted up a dream.   I did initially want to make pink and grey mittens but came to my senses and thought that snowflakes had to be white.  The white yarn was kindly given to me by my friend's mum so I can still claim these cost me sixty two and a half pence to knit.


I did simplify the pattern a little as there is a little more colourwork in the original, but I was using a fairly thick yarn and wanted to avoid having to wrap the white yarn around the inside of the entire body of the mitten.  They are very cosy as it is and I love the fairisle pattern. 

I do have some yarn leftover but surely not enough for a hat! :)

4 comments: