Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Friday, 4 September 2015

Handmade on Holiday


Now that I am back in work I thought it would be nice to look through some of the photos I (actually, mostly Mr HoffiCoffi) took on holiday.

The weather for the week was quite unpredictable and this is reflected in the photos.  Queue blue skies and grey!


When the weather perked up we headed to the beach.  The first photo shows me in a refashioned skirt made out of a dress which I haven't blogged yet.  The dress was kindly donated to me by a friend and it was nice to have something new to me to wear on holiday.  Beach days were also a perfect opportunity to wear my sunbonnet sue sunhat!

Not every day suggested it was actually the summer though.  Such as the day I went to the county show in a handmade skirt.


A little example of the glorious Welsh language for you there.  The craft tent was closed when I got there for judging but once the doors were reopened I was in there with my camera.


Please tell me other countries also have these wonderful craft competitions!  You have got to love an owl made out of fruit!

Some time was also spent enjoying the cottage we had rented for the week. 


You may recognise the top above as it is the vintage one I made a short while ago.  It went nicely with jeans on one of the colder days.

Visits to National Trust properties were also high on our list of things to do.
  

Here I am in the ubiquitous tearooms wearing a handmade top.

And here I am outside my new house...


Ah, if only.  Another National Trust property.  Although I did keep insisting it was mine...


Don't worry.  I didn't climb over any ropes to take this picture.  It was a very hands-on house.  You could even play a game of badminton in the drawing room!


Finally, I also wore my Gertie shift dress.  Heavily photoshopped picture there of me running with wild abandon towards the sea.  Yes the dress is too short but I had a plan stan!


Matching shorts under the dress saved any blushes!

I had a lovely time and editing the pictures was a lovely way to remember the good times had.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely time :) The craft competition is a nice idea. To my knowledge, we don't have any of those here in Norway. Owls are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely time :) The craft competition is a nice idea. To my knowledge, we don't have any of those here in Norway. Owls are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a county/village show - it's a lovely way of seeing lots of creativity. Some of the categories were bizzare - there was a competition for 'something made out of a milk carton' and an 'edible necklace' competition. If you ever come to the UK I would recommend a visit to one! :)

      Delete