Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Saturday, 22 August 2015

Refashion Runway Sewalong - Boho Chic


I decided to sew along once again with the Refashion Runway entrants and this week the theme was Boho Chic.  


My friend gave me this cotton sheet with a fabulous broderie anglaise border around three sides.  I realise this isn't the most impressive way to refashion - using an already flat sheet of fabric - but this top is something I have been meaning to make and this challenge just fitted in nicely with the look I was going for.

The pattern is View A from the 'Basic Black' book by Sato Watanabe.   The pattern pieces are fairly straightforward but it involved a bit of, shall we say, creative placement to get the border on the sleeves, hem and bodice front of the top. 


I did make the bodice pieces a bit wider than the original top suggested as I wanted a very loose fitting top.  It could be argued that I went too far in this regard but I still do love the amount of fabric it has... because it can look like this..


 I know I've already used this photo but I love it!

 Talking of photos I couldn't help seeing what Boho Chic will look like out in the open...


Campsite?  Check.  Picnic?  Check.  False ponytail and a hair band borrowed from my daughter?  Checkedy check check.

Saner women in their boho chic ensembles can be viewed here

6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! And really nice photos too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The summer break means I have time to play around with Photoshop! :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely gift, and you really did get something great out of it :)
    You look like the perfect hippie chic(k)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really liked making this as it went together quite easily - which is always a bonus!

      Delete
  3. I really love Sato Watanabe's patterns and you truly nailed that pattern to Boho perfection. Really lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It went together so nicely I am keen to make something else from the book soon.

      Delete