Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Style 2206

 

I wanted to sew this pattern, Style 2206, because of its unusual neckline and front bodice.  The neck is incorporated into the top of the front bodice piece and is shaped at the front just by a little pleat.  You then attach the remaining back neckband to the back bodice as normal.


I found this a little bit tricky to do.


Although I did like the result once I had attached it.


Having made quite a few dresses recently I decided to make this into a tunic top and altered the back to make it button up rather than using a zip as instructed in the original pattern.



The only problem is I think it looks like something a dental nurse would wear!  Mr HoffiCoffi valiantly tried to persuade me that it didn't and stayed resolute even when I said it was time for his appointment and tilted his chair back.... but it still reminded me of the dentists.


Tucking it in helps and I think this is how I am going to wear it.  I really don't want to be stopped in the street for any dental emergencies!!!!

Linking up with the Vintage Pattern Pledge.

9 comments:

  1. What an unusual construction, I can see why you wanted to make it. I think the fairly plain blue is helping with the dental vibe, I'm sure it'd look very different in a pattern or a bolder colour. Love the button back (which is not at all dental nurse like!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the colour is giving me the dentist feel as the dental nurse at the practice I go to wears blue. One of the views on the pattern has the two front pieces in contrasting fabric so I may try that next time. Thank you for your comment on the button back as well as I was quite pleased how that bit turned out. I managed to use quite a few odd white buttons from my old button tin!

      Delete
  2. Love the back view, and the neck line is interesting. I agree that maybe the fabric is what's making it dentist nurse-y. But so what? It looks great, and I really like the tucked-in-look ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like it tucked in better as well. I only really thought of it when I started taking the photos (I don't know why it took me that long!) and it was a good way to look at it objectively and decide that I really don't like it untucked!

      Delete
  3. Great style choice HC. Now that you've mastered this pattern, I hope it can be useful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thank you - I think I will try it as a dress next time as I do like the neckline - if I can manage to sew it again!!!

      Delete
  4. I really like it and think you should try it as a dream. Maybe my 80s building society worker and your dental nurse should be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DRESS, not dream! #@#@# autocorrect drives me mad. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did laugh when I read your post that we were both channeling alter egos! :)

      Delete