During the month of Me Made May my friend gave me a pile of old duvet covers.
I really hope she is not regretting it now as I am wearing one of them!!
I had a fancy for a full skirt, two tiered, with an extra tulle/organza layer on the bottom. Luckily I found I had just the right organza offcut from making my full petticoat a while back, and it still had its selvedge. No hem needed on fiddly organza? Result!
I started out with the plan of following roughly a BurdaStyle pattern I had. However, on cutting out the upper tier using their largest size it became clear that it would not go anyway near me, so I soon scrapped that idea and went it alone. This sadly meant finding out that my hips were roughly the same size as a whole pillowcase! I am sure that information will come in handy on many occasions.
This is just showing some of the detail of the gathers. The top tier is the said pillowcase and the bottom tier is just the bottom of the duvet cover (including the original buttonholes which are now on the underside of the hem!)
I am hoping it is twirly enough to give an Audrey Hepburn vibe, so I am linking up with Rhinestones and Telephones Hepburn Hepburn project.