My sister gave me the offcuts of fabric she had leftover from making herself a dress. (A love of dressmaking and quirky prints runs in the family!). There was just enough fabric to make my daughter a pair of shorts. I used Simplicity 1370 and cut out the smallest size.
Despite only having a small amount of fabric to play with I did spend an inordinate amount of time trying to pattern match at the centre front and centre back seams. I thought I had taken into account the seam allowances and was fairly confident I had matched the central bike up ok.
Pretty hard to ride a bike when the handlebars are missing! I have no idea how this went so wrong!
I have consoled myself with the fact that the print is absolutely gorgeous and my daughter won't be bothered about my pattern matching.
After my faffing about fussy cutting the limited fabric, there was only one place left I could fit the yoke front for cutting out, but luckily the bicycles on it were fairly symmetrical to the front. That was just pure luck.
Finally, I had to laugh at the side seams - I knew I was not going to pattern match as I was so concerned about the centre seams - but I did try and line up the bikes - resulting in a slightly hilarious 'tandem for an argumentative couple' perhaps!