Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Thursday, 23 October 2014

My 62 (and a half) pence scarf


Knitting can be an expensive hobby.  So many beautiful yarns - so little time.  Sometimes though you just want something that will keep you occupied while at the dentists, or waiting in line at parents' evening. (Just some examples of the rock and roll lifestyle I have been living the last couple of weeks!)

I was after cheap and cheerful and I found this acrylic yarn...


... for the princely sum of £1.25 for two balls at a charity shop.  I coupled this with a free cowl pattern I found whilst searching ravelry, and I even knitted it with a pair of needles that came with a knitting magazine.  I know, hey big spender!


My yarn choice/tension combo meant that my piece of knitting seemed narrower than that suggested in the original pattern, so I decided to change it from a cowl to a scarf.


It was really quick to knit up and I only used one ball of the pair so I am counting this as an investment of 62 and a half pence on this scarf.  Regarding the other ball - I can't get the thought of pink and grey Fair Isle gloves out of my head now!


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I do enjoy knitting a cable.

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! You are the most amazing bargain hunter ever, you never fail to amaze me with your budget finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm searching for free patterns to use the other ball now!

      Delete
  3. A double win! A great scarf, and a great bargain, what's not to love??
    Cables always look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a bit of a cable obsession at the moment. :)

      Delete