Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Sunday, 21 September 2014

Cars Skirt


My friend gave me a pair of curtains printed with the cast of the Disney Pixar film 'Cars'.  She thought I could make something out of them and we did suggest sensible options like children's cushions.  Did I do that?  Nope, made myself a skirt.


I had wanted to make a skirt with contrasting side panel pockets for a few weeks now, and having looked through my BurdaStyle magazines found the perfect pattern in issue 7/2011.  (Note to Mr HoffiCoffi - those old magazines I store in that cupboard do come in handy from time to time!)  Well I say it was the perfect pattern - it was a petite pattern which didn't go up to my size so some tweaking was involved!


I do like the contrasting pocket panel though.  The red fabric is from a bundle of scrap fabrics purchased on Ebay - and judging by the edge finish on the piece I received I think it was probably a tablecloth in its previous life.  


This last photo has greatly amused my friends.  I know - such a classy lady!


6 comments:

  1. I can just imagine you strutting your stuff in this skirt! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have even plucked up the courage to wear it out of the house today! :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! Those red pockets are a great touch. You must must must wear it out. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've now worn it to PC World if that counts!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Holly loved it - she was very adamant that you told Mr HoffiCoffi that it was OK for a grown up to wear a skirt with cars on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am slowly bringing him around to mine and Holly's way of thinking! :)

      Delete