Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Tuesday, 15 July 2014

They predict a heatwave just as I've finished an aran!


Almost two years ago I purchased some aran wool from an organic campsite I was staying at.  That is how I know that this Study Hall Vest has taken that long to complete! 

Embarrassingly, on researching this pattern on Ravelry, it came up as an 'Easy' pattern.  I tend to disagree with that.  I could only knit it on my own, in complete silence, chanting things like 'slip the next two stitch onto cable needle, hold at back' out loud over and over as if I were seeking enlightenment.  But then again maybe I'm not that adept at cables!


But I love a cable! 



I am quite pleased with the result but I do feel humongous in it - so I think it will be reserved for a very layered Autumn look.

I've also just finished the two cushions in the background of the picture.


They are teacher gifts for the end of term - hopefully to be used in the reading corner of a classroom.  They are made out of recycled materials - including a few more pillowcases left over from making my duvet skirt.  I think my sewing is slowing down ready for the long summer break! 

7 comments:

  1. I love cables too and your vest looks great. You are so clever making things from left overs, those cushions are beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like to try and make something that can be used in the school as I think that's what is needed most - although the teachers may prefer chocolates! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely cabling! And I always have to read the pattern out loud when I'm doing any fancy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh good - I'm glad it's not just me! :)

      Delete
  3. Your aran looks great! I love cables and structured knitting. Pillowcases are adorable, you always make such lovely gifts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I'm so impressed with your aran vest. Bring on Autumn so you can wear it all the time! Those pillows are so cute and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete