Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Sunday, 1 June 2014

Who wants to journey on a gigantic yacht? Oh how I do not!


I am guessing that when most people get a new job they think about what the pay will be, whether the hours will be suitable, that sort of thing.  When I get a new job I think "oooh, what can I make to wear?"!

It's not really my fault in this case though.  I have started working part time in a gorgeous coffee shop overlooking a marina.  It is decorated in light blue and white tones with large round windows looking out at the yachts.  One of my friends commented how she could see me in a vintage nautical look.  I defy anyone with a vintage pattern collection not to dive straight in and pick out some lovely gorgeous things to daydream about... 




Here were just a few I found in my own collection, and I am not a collector of anything maritime, which I know a lot of people are. 

Anyway.  I got back to reality.  I am only working casual hours and the job will come with a logo top.  Also I am going to get a little messy with all that washing up so a full fifties dress isn't very practical.  I did, however, make the apron at the top of this post as I already had all the material for it.  Even Mr HoffiCoffi said it was quite 'bold' - but luckily the shop owner is a friend of a friend so hopefully has been warned about my little eccentricities!


The back view - I may need a little practice tying prettier bows!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new job. Sounds so pretty ...
    I love, love your apron..Just perfect.. Bet all the other workers ,will want one.ha.
    Love the patterns too.
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think the gentleman I was cooking with was impressed with my sewing - but didn't necessarily want one himself! :)

    ReplyDelete