Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Snawheid... On My Heid!


Note to self: must stop creating weird photos with photoshop!!!

Anyhows.  For Christmas my sister very kindly purchased me the Snawheid fairisle hat kit.   She picked my absolute favourite colour and showed me her completed Snawheid, which was just beautiful.  I set to work.

Being new to fairisle I was a little concerned that the strands of yarn behind my work might be held too tightly.  I did try to concentrate on creating a loose feed for the loops but I'm not sure I managed it as my hat is a lot smaller than my sisters.  I am convinced it is that way around rather than the fact that I have a considerably bigger head!


This is the hat unblocked.  I am slightly wary of blocking it as I am worried the wool might felt a little and make it even smaller.  However my daughter is standing by and appears hopeful so all will not be lost if I do decide that it really is too small to wear.


The design does come with the option of making a bobble.  I, however, agree with a few reviews I have read on Ravelry and would hate to cover up the star detail at the top of the hat - so I think my Snawheid shall remain bobbleless!

I would recommend this pattern for very clear instructions and a beautiful design.  I think however I will need to change my needle size next time!


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. You are so talented... and keep up the fun photoshop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was really fun to knit. :)

      Delete