Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Friday, 23 May 2014

Baking Whilst Me Made May Making


As you may have realised if you regularly read my ramblings, I like to make presents for my friends.  I think that if you learn how to do something, you may as well share the love!!!  The tricky thing is actually thinking what to make.  A dear friend's birthday was this week and, as I have recently started tending an allotment with her and other friends, I thought it was a good idea to make her an allotment cake!

It's not all about the cake though, this is Me Made May after all.  The above photo shows me in a previously unblogged top I made from one of the Japanese Drape Drape books.  If the fabric looks a little familiar it is because I already have a dress and a top made out of it!  It was originally a very large bedsheet from a charity shop.  A verrrry large bedsheet!

As for the cake, my friend took some lovely photos of it.  I made the vegetables out of fondant that I coloured and moulded - a lot of the ideas for it came from tips on the internet.  I can't remember how I lived in the eighties!!!






6 comments:

  1. You are so talented.. What a beautiful cake..
    Love your outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! The detail! Just charming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fab cake. Love the details and the top looks good too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab cake! Your friends are so lucky:-) Love your top and especially love your turban. You look so cool, very Carmen Miranda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cake and I love how that fabric just keeps giving and giving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake is adorable! What a brilliant idea :)
    The top looks lovely and the print is so cheery!

    ReplyDelete