Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Sunday, 27 April 2014

The Good, The Bad, And The Hopefully Not Too Ugly!


It is the end of a late, wonderful, Easter holiday here in Wales and I have spent most of my time outdoors with the family.

With my Sew For Victory dress completed, I thought I would have no pressing deadlines - until my son came out of school with his homework!  They have been learning about body parts in school and their Easter homework was to make a friend for Frankenstein as a stand alone model - complete with realistic internal organs.  Hmmmm.....

Panicked thoughts of balloon modelling papier mache lungs set in, until my daughter pointed out that my sister had given me a book called 'Knit Your Own Zombie' by Fiona Goble as a Christmas present. The book is amazing - it gives you mix and match options, including a pattern for a Frankenstein and also options where you can knit a heart, stomach and brain which you incorporate into the doll by way of knitted 'pockets'.

Now this is my happy place and I really don't want to offend anyone with detailed pictures of knitting which is not in the 'lovely gorgeous' category so I won't put any more photos on than the one above.  Suffice to say that my son is delighted with my efforts and he has worked very hard on making a box for Frankenstein to 'come alive' in - including a three dimensional cardboard 'generator' and dials he has created using computer graphics software.  I did go into the school last year and teach his entire class how to knit but I think him attempting Frankenstein would have been a step too far!

On a prettier note I have started a very girly quilt!


Production line piecing!


I am pondering sashing and borders now but will post in more detail soon!

4 comments:

  1. Knit your own zombie sosunds such fun. I like the look of your own frankenstein. I am impressed by your neat piecing too. Glad to hear you had a fun easter hols. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I did have a great time over Easter - back to routine tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Pleeeeeeeeese more zombie pictures! Hope you've got some pictures of his box too - bet it's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all carried into school this morning by a very proud boy!!! I'll have to show it to you when he brings it back home - I had a sneaky look at some of the other creations this morning and they are all amazing!

      Delete