Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Fabric Distraction


I am supposed to be completing my Sew For Victory dress.   Instead I am distracted by the fact that I still have a bit of fabric leftover from making my friend a top. 

'Doesn't take long to whip up a skirt for my daughter' I think.  Two days later and my dress form 'Merle' is still sporting a pinned together dress which I have not touched.


But it was so much fun to make my own binding to hem the lining of this skirt.  It's so swishy.  How can I convey the swishyness to you?  By throwing the skirt at my camera!



Ok Merle, stop looking at me like that, I'll get to you tomorrow! :)

6 comments:

  1. He he I am a little back and forth myself :) No worries, there's still time!
    The skirt looks totally twirly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping I can make as many twirly skirts for her as I can while she still allows me to! :)

      Delete
  2. Cute, cute twirly skirt.. Know your daughter will love it.. and you will get to the sew for victory dress.. I do the same thing..so much more fun to sew cute things for the little ones.ha Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - little clothes are much cuter!

      Delete
  3. Yay!! Love the swish! Very cute skirt for your daughter.

    Merle will have to wait. Your Sew For Victory dress will get done when it gets done.

    All the best
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sewn like the wind and have now finished my dress - I had to finish it before the kids are home all day for the Easter holidays! Next on the list is eating chocolate! :)

      Delete