Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Friday, 7 February 2014

Stitch Nation's All Day Beret


The South Wales coastline has taken quite a battering in recent weeks.  Just a few days ago roads were closed and visits to be beside the seaside were a very, very bad idea.  It seems unbelievable today though as the weather was glorious.

This morning I finished knitting the All Day Beret pattern by Stitch Nation.  It uses their own brand of yarn called 'bamboo ewe' and it is very lovely to knit with.  I love the colour of the yarn, and the fact that it matches exactly with the railings on our local pier is a very happy coincidence!


Today is apparently a brief respite in the poor weather we are having and tomorrow I may well have to batten down the hatches again.  More reason to curl up with some knitting I say!

10 comments:

  1. A lovely beret, I like the way it gathers at the crown and yes you are totally odour co-coordinated, including the sea and sky! It was beautiful a day yesterday wasn't it, the calm before the storm. I hope that you are not living too near the sea front!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I live a little bit inland. I can see the sea from my house but it is in the distance!!! The damage that has been done by the tides is unbelievable isn't it.

      Delete
  2. And colour matching your gloves. You look very stylish. Good luck with the weather - at least it will be a good excuse to knit x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do seem to be a bit of a hat, glove and scarf hoarder. I am not always coordinated though as I run out of the door in the morning!

      Delete
  3. We've had an awful winter here in South Norway too, but it has been great for knitting :)
    Your beret look very cosy, and that color is my favorite these days. Just bought a whole bunch of skeins in nearly that same color on sale. Now, just need to find a project for it :) Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing what you create. I love a yarn sale! :)

      Delete
  4. I am in envy of your knitting skills! What a beautiful spot, and awesome to have the local railings match your lovely beret :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a lovely spot - and there is a new coffee shop opened on the pier so it is even better now!

      Delete
  5. Love the colour on you. I need some knitting classes with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your smiley jumper! You don't need any lessons. :)

      Delete