Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Wednesday, 22 January 2014

The Knit For Victory Twinset


Tasha at By Gum, By Golly is hosting a Knit For Victory Knit-Along

Now this twinset is not actually a Forties pattern, I would say more Sixties going by the illustration...


...what are those ladies looking at I wonder!  I thought, however, that as twinsets were popular in the Forties this would have the right feel and be in the spirit of the knit-along. 

I do have an earlier twinset pattern...


..but it calls for 3 ply yarn. The other pattern calls for double knitting which is more my kind of speed.  I had started this project before the knit-along was announced but it was less than 50 percent complete and I was glad of a deadline to get it finished!


I love how it has turned out.  


I particularly like the jumper.  It fastens with a 4 inch zip and I was worried that this would be itchy on the shoulder seam, so I made the zip a little cover from part of a felted commercially made jumper I had given to me.


It is surprisingly comfortable to wear.

 
I don't think the buttons are vintage.  I think I purchased them at an indoor market somewhere but I'm afraid my button tin has such a mix in it I can't be sure!

I hope you like the twinset.  Thank you so much Tasha for running this knit-along.  I have loved seeing what everyone else has made and I can't wait for the project parade!  Check out the other gorgeous makes at the Knit For Victory Flickr Group


15 comments:

  1. Your twinset is really lovely well done! I love the little zip detail, I think you'll have loads of wear out of this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is lovely and warm so I think I will get a lot of wear out of it this winter. We usually see some snow.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color and really versatile staple pieces :) Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am hoping to get some wear out of them seperately as well.

      Delete
    2. Just letting you know: I nominated you for a Liebster award. Just to say I enjoy what you do!
      More here: http://pinhouseplaymate.blogspot.no/2014/01/somebody-loves-me.html

      Delete
  3. Lovely twin set, clever you - and such a gorgeous color. Your hair back looks very dressy too - I thought you were the pattern photo at first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it doesn't look like me. I've got make up on!! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. I do wear a lot of blue so I'm hoping they will fit well into my wardrobe.

      Delete
  5. Gosh you are clever. It looks so gorgeous on. You look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    I am French, sorry if I make mistakes (I use a translation website to help me).
    I wanted to say that I'm falling on your blog by chance, and I'm totally addicted!
    I use a lot the principle remodel my clothes bought in thrift, I also created a blog there is not long to show my projects. But yet I can not put much: my laptop is being repaired and therefore more pictures = / short! I must tell you that I love your blog and especially changes nothing is really great! Then you are sublime as you elsewhere.
    That thank you very much for all your ideas.
    The sweat is beautiful , i love the color !
    Kisses and good day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'est vraiment gentil de ta part. Je regrette que mon français n'est pas très bon! J'utilise aussi un site de traduction.

      Delete
  7. This is too beautiful! Your knitting is perfect, and the colour! Oh, I wish I could knit so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a very simple pattern - there was just a lot of it! :)

      Delete