Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Sunday, 22 December 2013

Top 5 of 2013 - Hits



Top 5 of 2013 - An Annual Blog Series

I thought it would be hard to come up with my top five hits for Gillian's Top 5 of 2013 link up. I gave up blogging for most of the year but, of course, not blogging does not mean not creating!  So here is my top 5 of 2013.

1. The Ikea Dress


So called because it is made out of an Ikea duvet cover found in a charity shop.  A vintage 60's Butterick pattern was used.

2. Gingham Shorts


I made these for my daughter after she fell in love with a similar pair in a rather pricey catalogue! I had all the material already so my only other outlay was the price of the zip.  I used a modern Burda pattern but self drafted the heart shaped pockets to recreate the look of the much coveted shorts.

3. Floral Skirt 

This is a self drafted skirt pattern and the fabric is an old curtain found in a charity shop.  The photo was taken on holiday and I feel I blend into our sun tent on the beach quite well!

4. Plaid Re-Fashion


I enjoyed sewing along with the Refashion Runway girls this year.  My favourite refashion was turning a long plaid skirt into this dress.  It's quite festive so it may well be what I wear on Christmas day!

5. Ruffle Cuff Socks


Finally, I couldn't let my top 5 go by without slipping in a bit of knitwear.  These socks are designed by Ann Budd and are knitted up in Noro Silk Garden yarn.  Cosy and just that little bit crazy!

So there you have it.  These are a few of my favourite things!

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love your top 5 hits - your Ikea dress is amazing, and those gingham shorts are so insanely cute! Terrific photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I would love to see your top 5 - you have made so many lovely things this year I am sure you would find it hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! My favorites are the Ikea dress and those shorts...Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was pleased with the shorts as they saved me so much money! :)

      Delete
  4. Great set of makes! I reckon your tartan dress is my fave - but I think they are all super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh lovely list of things. You do a great job refashioning and repurposing old sheets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I must say sheets are one of my favourite things to use!

      Delete
  6. What great hits! I especially love the Ikea dress & those cute shorts. I hope you blog more this year, I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've got lots of things in the pipeline - it's just a matter of getting on and making them! :)

      Delete
  7. These are all lovely; good picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have been trying to improve my photography this year - although I am running out of uncluttered spaces to use as backdrops!

      Delete