Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Friday, 25 October 2013

Will Work For Fabric!


I was really enjoying sewing along with the Refashion Runway challenge when I had a phone call offering me a second job!  The last fortnight has been a whirlwind of trying to fit in working with all the usual household things and so sewing has gone out of the window for a while.  Any tips on how to juggle the work/kids lunchbox/sewing triangle gratefully received!

What I do have to show for it though is the fact that a tiny trickle of this second income is going towards some very lovely things.  I treated myself to some flannel and fabulous buttons from Ray Stitch.  The flannel will hopefully be transformed into the sixties dress pattern above, which I got from a charity shop - so long as I have the time to cut the pattern out for the elves to come and sew in the night... the elves and the shoemaker is real right????!

5 comments:

  1. What cute buttons.. Love the pattern and fabric too.. I hope those fairies come and sew it up for you..but--- I bet you wouldn't enjoy it as well.lol
    Sewing /work/family is so hard..We need more hours in a day.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not resist the buttons when I saw them! I was going to use them on the dress but I think they are too big. I agree with the extra hours - I think I will put that on my Christmas list!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new job! The best advice I got when I was trying to find time for my crafting and sewing was to do it every day, even if it was just for a few minutes - it only works if you have a place to leave your sewing machine up, but it was true - the minutes added up over a week and over a month. It's frustrating when you are used to having larger blocks of time, though! Good luck with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I have managed to do more knitting than usual for that reason - easier to pick up and knit a row than try and set my machine up. I've spent the weekend trying to re-draft the pattern above so hopefully that will be ready to go soon!

      Delete