Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Refashion Runway Season Two - Halloween



I did manage to finish the penultimate Refashion Runway challenge - but a bit late to be included in the sew along roundup.  


I used the two sparkly tops pictured above, together with the now disassembled leather skirt disaster and a bit of red fabric from a bargain bag of Ebay scraps.

Not being much of a dress up person myself I decided to make something for the children to wear on dress up Friday in the club I help to supervise.  We don't really celebrate Halloween where I work so I decided to avoid any obvious scary motifs and the colour orange so that it could double up as a bit of a Christmas outfit.


It was really quick and simple to make.  I just cut wedges out of the bottom of the tops and sewed them together to make a cape and a skirt panel which I just sewed back onto the discarded top section.


I also made the cape reversible and matched the back panels of the skirt with this colour combination, so hopefully it will work whichever way you wear the cape.  I think it will get a lot of wear so I am hoping my overlocking will take the strain!

1 comment: