Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Friday, 12 October 2012

Fabric Snakes


Sorry - I know my Mum and my Mother In Law hate snakes and even pictures of them so I apologise if these are not everyone's cup of tea.

Personally I have found making these to be strangely addictive and I now keep eyeing up socks with a view to 'liberating' them into something much more fun!


I am hoping to make enough things like this to make a 'monsters and scary animals' lucky dip for a school fair.  Lots of fun for both boys and girls... maybe not for Nanas.


9 comments:

  1. Such fun, I want one myself! Love the off set tongues!
    I might just have to make a giant one for a draught excluder. My parents used to have one - their terrier destroyed it in the end attacking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that the off set tongues were a bit of a happy accident! I pinned the tongues inside the sock when I was sewing them and they went a bit wonky!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I want one too! I know my girl does, since last year...how do you make them from socks???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really easy. Turn the sock inside out and lay it flat. Pin the felt tongue inside the opening at the top of the sock. Draw a wiggly snake shape on the side of the sock and - making sure you leave a gap to turn it out - sew around using a short stitch. Cut the snake out close to the sewn line, turn it the right side out, stuff, sew the opening closed and voila! The fun bit is trying to draw the longest wiggle you can from the ankle to the toe!

      Delete
  3. Really fun! Love the stripy colours and button eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are such fun, love the bright colours - great idea for a lucky dip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snakes are absolutely brilliant, I love the button eyes and sticky out forked tongues, and would never have guessed they started out life as a sock. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete