Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Sunday, 7 October 2012

Craft Stall - Total Sales £3!


Thank you so much for your kind words about my first craft fair.  I have to say it was hilarious!  Now, if you judge the day on sales it was a disaster, but if you judge the day by the value of myself laughing so much that tears were streaming down my face then it was a roaring success!


Here I am at my stall.  If I look a little tired and unkempt it's because the sleepover last night did have very little sleep in it!  It was lots of fun though and the girls were really pleased with the owl bags.  It was just a bit manic in the morning with Mr HoffiCoffi printing off signs for me whilst I ironed my wedding day tablecloths to display my wares on!


This is my friend Lisa's stall.


She did really well selling plenty of these lovely felted soaps.  As the title of this blog subtly hints at I didn't do quite so well!  I sold a bookmark for £3.  The stall cost £5 and I spent £2 on raffle tickets but I did win a bottle of wine.  Can I say I broke even?  :-)  I've convinced myself that is really the case!


But I was so happy.  Starting the afternoon with a coffee and one of the leftover sleepover cakes I laughed almost solidly for the next four hours.  From sniggering at my friend's reaction when the lady in the stall next to her told her that her items were too expensive to shock and awe at a couple sitting at a stall a few tables up where the husband was filing his wife's feet to pass the time!   Really it really happened!  To sitting resolutely drinking tea when all around were packing up an hour early to hanging around awkwardly just so I could see if I won anything in the raffle to fulfil my 'break even' plan, I had a ball!  Seems I am a glass half full kind of a girl!

Thanks Lisa for a farrrrbulous day!!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time! You've done it now and the next one will be better from the experience of this one! I have many stories about fairs, but have to say someone filing their wife's feet beats all of mine! haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Hilarious! I have a few more fairs coming up so I am hoping that I can build on this experience!

      Delete
  2. SO proud you had fun..That is the most important thing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have fun - it was a very unusual day!

      Delete
  3. Just by reading your post I´m smiling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many of us have been there too (though not the public foot filing). Mark it down to experience!
    Your yellow dress/cardi is lovely btw and well done with the post-sleep over smiling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and do a few more fairs because it was such fun - not sure if it will be so much fun if I keep losing money mind you! Thank you for your lovely comments on the outfit. It's a me-made dress and a cardigan I bought for about 30 pence in a jumble sale! Such a big spender!

      Delete