Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Monday, 17 September 2012

Many Hats to Make!

I have taken advantage of a reduced price Burda pattern offer and intend to make many hats!  I thought it was a good way of using up leftover dressmaking material.


So far I have made two children's hats, including this one for my daughter's friend.  I will get around to making some adult hats soon but a few of them are rather odd and seem unwearable unless I am going to a fancy dress party as a nun.  Still, you never know....

7 comments:

  1. I love making hats! They don´t take too much time, they tend to look cute with a little effort and they make great presents! The hat you just made is great. Love the print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is leftover fabric from a dress I made ages ago. I think my friends should expect to get hats for presents for quite some time!

      Delete
  2. Cute hat and great fabric. I wish i could see the "nun" hat too:) Making hats seems like a good idea to use up scraps. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me - you really don't want to see the nun hat! It's a cross between a headscarf and a baseball cap!!!!

      Delete
  3. So cute!
    I'm in hat mood too but for myself. I made some from felted old sweaters last winter and was thinking to look out the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sound of the felted hat! A great alternative to a knitted beanie. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

      Delete
  4. Hello!
    Wow this hat is beautiful.
    I love hats and I'm starting to aquérir more, so I'm tinkering a storage.
    Now I make my first winter hat with fur and I managed.
    Your hat is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete