Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Geek Day


I'm on holiday.  Renting a cottage in the beautiful Pembrokeshire/Ceredigion coast and today we had a geek day.  A day spent searching for vintage haberdashery for me and boardgames for Mr HoffiCoffi.

As you can see I got quite a bit of fabric.  I seem to have gone for a lemon theme this year.  Enough for a few dresses and no piece was more than £1.99 from charity shops.


Although I also found this fab jersey for £2.99, hopefully enough for a dress.


These patterns were only ten pence each!  Even though one says twenty pence I still got it for ten.  I did point it out to the cashier but she seemed quite insistent on the price so I didn't argue further!


The vintage knitting patterns pictured below are probably my favourite finds.  These were less than ten pence each.


There were more in the charity shop but I make a point of not buying anything I don't think I will use.  However, I did get this one for the cover alone. 


Who could resist a mohair/wool blend called 'shaggy darling'.  I know I can't!


I will knit these bedjackets but will wear them outside the bedroom.


Maybe I can use this yarn.  Quite a geek day!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had quite a day! I love old bed jacket patterns as most of them would make,like you say,gorgeous outerwear.Well done on spotting such bargains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the one on the bottom left and would love to knit that neck detail. It would be wasted in the bedroom!!!

      Delete
  2. Have you seen Kestrel finds and makes? She puts funny captions with kitting pattern pictures...think she could do wonders with 'shaggy darling'!!

    Looks like you've got enough fabric and patterns to keep you going for a while, well done on a fantastic haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a look at Kestrel finds and makes and it is a fab blog - am now following it. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  3. A very pretty part of the world and rich charity shop pickings too, sounds a great holiday destination.
    Shaggy Darling is a top find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely. There are so many beautiful beaches we were spoilt for choice. Luckily we had one rainy day so I could go shopping! :)

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, what a great haul! Shaggy darling looks fab, and those fabrics are great. I hope the rest of the trip was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely time. I have returned feeling refreshed with my sewing mojo restored! Just need to launder all that fabric....!

      Delete