Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Monday, 20 August 2012

Camping in the Cotswolds


A few weekends ago the weather was actually kind enough to allow us to pack up and go camping.  We stayed at an organic farm in the Cotswolds - and whilst some would consider the compost toilets a disadvantage (honestly, they weren't that bad!) a definite advantage was the organic farm shop where I made a couple of purchases.

The aran wool from organically reared Lleyn sheep will hopefully become a Study Hall Vest designed by Vladimira Cmorgej.  
 

I love the pattern on this Sarong from India which I believe is block printed.  I am undecided however whether to leave it as a single piece of fabric and use it as a summer shawl, or whether to cut it up and make it into a light summer blouse which I think I would get more wear out of.  Is it sacrilege to cut up a brand new item of clothing?  One for me to ponder...

In the meantime, I did take loads of photos of things that caught my eye in Bourton-on-the-Water and Stow-in-the-Wold.  Some are craft related but on viewing them I realised they were mostly about food!


Tea shops...


... and cake (see what I mean!)


Sadly this gorgeous looking shop was shut. :(


Yes - I did have an ice-cream!



Me looking very smug outside a gorgeous vintage shop in Stow.


I really would recommend the Cotswolds and the campsite was very nice if the thought of compost toilets hasn't put you off!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you were fortunate with the weather. We were in the Cotswolds last Easter, it's such pretty countryside.

    ReplyDelete