Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Scout fete... or is it?


Decided to try a new cupcake recipe for the Scout Fete.  We had to put our names against a list of cakes to bring for sale and cupcakes had actually gone.  Chocolate chip cakes, however, were still there so it gave me the opportunity to try these cookie dough cupcakes from 'Making Cupcakes with Lola'.  They have chocolate chips in the cake batter and they also have cookie dough placed inside them when cooked.  The mini cookies decorating the top are store bought.


I couldn't resist making some traditional vanilla cupcakes with a cherry on top as well.  I did check that it was ok to make extra things so as not to tread on anyone's toes!

So I've had a busy morning indoors when the weather outside looked like this....


You can guess what happened next.  Just put the last glace cherry on top of the iced cakes when I got the text that the Fete had been cancelled due to the rain!  Looks like it's an afternoon in eating my bodyweight in cake... better get the kettle on! :)

8 comments:

  1. Gutting the fete was cancelled, but yum nom nom nom to lots of cake! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit gutted as my kids love a fete - there's nothing like putting a pound's worth of loose change in a purse and spending it all on sweets!!! Mind you, I wasn't looking forward to spending a couple of hours stood in the rain so every cloud...!

      Delete
  2. Yes, shame about the fete - but yummy to unexpected excess cake in the house. They look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are slowly disappearing..!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could make cakes that looked as gorgeous as yours do...my efforts don't even look like cakes and I can forget about icing full stop.At least your house must have seemed cosy despite the weather with all the warmth from the oven and the delicious baking aromas.Feel sorry for the scouts though.
    I love the second photo by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a bit of baking - and I think the warm vanilla smell must have a lot to do with it! Thank you for the compliment on the photo - my husband bought me a beginner's photography lesson for my birthday as I kept moaning that I couldn't take any decent photos - I think he's just happy that I've stopped complaining!

      Delete
  4. What a shame but at least cloud had a sugar coated lining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I happened upon your blog - I've included you on my Lovely Blog list today.

    ReplyDelete