Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Purple Top


I could not get a decent picture of this top before running out on the school run so I'm afraid this slightly fuzzy shot is the best I could do.

It took just an afternoon to make as it is in my 'new-best-friend' material - jersey.  No fastenings and no overlocking - dreamy!


I also got to play with the twin needle setting on my machine. I love the professional look this creates.


The material was left over from this skirt that I made for Me Made May....


I have tried them on together but it does look like a very bad 80's outfit.  I do, however, have a very high shame threshold so expect to see me wearing them together with black fishnet gloves and a gold elasticated belt next May!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely colours. I'm a twin needle fan too but my machine doesn't play ball, not sure why.

    Maybe the top and skirt together would work with a black cardigan over - my solution to (almost) everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea - I didn't think about toning it down with a neutral cardi. It really is a bit mad otherwise!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous! Such a funky pattern on the jersey! I can't wait to see you next May, maybe we should have an 80's day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love an 80's day! Maybe we could have 'step back in time Sundays' with each Sunday a different era. Oooh what fun!

      Delete