Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Thursday, 31 May 2012

Me Made May - The Final Day


It's the final day of Me Made May.  I have managed to wear something Me Made or refashioned by me every day this month.  There were some repeats and there were days when it was just a Me Made accessory but I have done it.

If you are wondering what I am doing in these photos I am trying to say thank you to Zoe who organised this month of madness.  The Welsh word 'Diolch' - as it says on my 'Me Made' sign (took me ages that. :)) means 'thanks' in English and I am standing on a red chair as Zoe often takes her photo in front of a red door and as I don't have a red door this was the best I could do.  Honestly, it makes sense to me!

The Me Made red dress is also in honour of Zoe and I originally blogged about it in 2010.

Me Made May has taught me several things.  Firstly - I am a lucky bunny because May was tremendously changeable in the weather and I can't think of another month where I could show off my limited supply of both handknitted woolly hats and handsewn summer cotton dresses.  Secondly - it has made me finally tackle making a pair of trousers, they are half way through at the moment but they will be done and thirdly - there is an awful lot of inspirational people out there.  Thank you/Diolch to you all.


4 comments:

  1. This has been my first Me-Made challenge and I've loved it. Just compiling my photos from the last few days.

    Your giantess photos are strangely unsettling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time as well and I really enjoyed it. I hope to make lots more clothes so I don't have to repeat anything for the month and will have another go next year. I hope you will be joining in as well. :)

      Delete
  2. How terrific that you were able to wear something of your own creation every day in May! I'm so impressed. Maybe next year I can join you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun - I can recommend it!

      Delete