Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Sunday, 27 May 2012

Me Made May Days 25 and 26






















Don't you love it when a plan comes together.

The theme for Friday's photo on Flickr was 'water' and as I went to the beach the day before I didn't think I could justify another jaunt down there on Friday.  I had washing to do!  So I had a plan to take my photo through a glass of water.  I had no idea if it would work so when I saw this image through the viewfinder I was very pleased!

It's the refashioned skirt made out of a jumble sale dress that I wore earlier in the month teamed with a Me Made hand-knitted handbag.  It was very warm but windy on Friday so there was a lot of Marilyn Munroe 'billowing dress' moments on the school run but hey ho!


Saturday was quite a day.  In the morning myself and the family went to see the Olympic Flame processing through the town and then in the evening I indulged in a guilty pleasure.... The Eurovision Song Contest!

I love this show - nowhere else in the year can you see as many bad leather jackets as in this competition!  I wore my favourite Me Made dress for the occasion.  The picture above sees me swirling with the dancers at the opening number - I am a little bit too excited to be cool!


The fabric used for this dress is really cute with trees and ladies taking their dogs for a walk on it.  It is also the only boned dress I have made and, after spending several weeks avoiding it, once I had tackled the boning in the bodice I was so pleased with the result.


Go Engelbert Humperdinck!  Sing.... sing like the wind!

Only a mere three and a half hours after this photo was taken it was confirmed on the screen that the UK came last but one out of twenty six countries.  Still, there's always next year.....!

2 comments:

  1. Your dress is lovely. Well done with the boning.
    My older daughter at uni was going to a fancy dress Eurovision party - yet to see the facebook evidence to comment on her outfit!

    ReplyDelete