Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Friday, 18 May 2012

Me Made May Days 17 and 18


Day 18 and another refashioned charity shop item.


I found this really cute silk top in the charity shop and I had no idea if it would fit but it was so beautiful I decided to risk it.  Here it is modelled by Merle.  It was sooo close but just wasn't quite right.


There was quite a bit of excess fabric on each side seam.  Look at the cute cat pattern!  


Because it was a bit loose either side it made the back a bit saggy despite the elastic.  I unpicked the sides, took them in a bit and re-inserted the zip.  It now fits like a glove.  I loved the ribbon that I found inside used for hanging the top up. So much so that when I had to cut it out I decided to tie it round my wrist - well it does say 'I love rosy cheeks!'



Also, just a quick picture of what I wore yesterday.  It is a purchased top which I have embellished with a floral applique motif.  The scarf is Me Made.  I am having so much fun!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, green, lucky cats and silk?? My word that was a good find! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I spotted it on a Saturday afternoon and was very surprised nobody had bought it before me!

      Delete
  2. This top is beautiful with all these kittens!You'll be top this summer!

    ReplyDelete