Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Friday, 4 May 2012

Me Made May Day 4


Desperately trying to find something else to make!

Actually I'm looking for a nice easy trouser pattern.  I have an irrational fear of trouser making and I think I've put it off for too long now.  I am going to find a nice sewing lesson pattern in Burda and go for it!

The dress I am wearing today is a project runway dress.  It was one of the first things I ever made way back in the before blogging days and it is a bit of a sack!  I was convinced my massive hips were not going to fit any pattern when I started out so I pretty much drew an arc from waist to hem!  I've calmed down a bit now but my pear shape is the reason I've not made trousers.


The picture above shows the dress as it is - there is no way of styling it that doesn't make me look pregnant so I've made an obi belt in the same fabric.


I can't help but think that I now look like a sack tied in the middle.  Needless to say I don't wear this very often!

No comments:

Post a Comment