Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Sunday, 29 April 2012


I've got a bit of a soft spot for lacemaking.  As I am very much a newbie at such an interesting yet focused craft it is a bit of a  labour of love to produce anything, but I am trying to master a 'quick make' using just a simple torchon ground stitch.

I found the crochet cotton above for £1.99 in a charity shop and knew it would be great to use.  So along with a few colours I already had I set about my little production line.


Using such a simple stitch meant that I didn't have to constantly refer to instructions and I could just enjoy the process of crossing the bobbins back and fore.  (I have just done a google search of back and fore as I wasn't sure whether it was that or back and forth and apparently back and fore is a bit of a 'Wenglish' way of saying it i.e. how we do speak in the valley's in Wales like!  I hope you don't mind if I keep it in.)   Anyway, I digress...


Three bookmarks made so far and still so many colour combinations to try.  Any suggestions for combinations gratefully received.  I've also got royal blue, dark green and white!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Love the Wenglish! Didn't even realise that was a Welsh way of saying it. Such a good charity shop find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you make lace!
    I do too but I must admit not for a few years now as I have been sidetracked into other areas of being creative.My pillows are stored in an inaccessible part of the house and I need someone to help me get to them and I never got around to organising my son to help me when he was here at Easter otherwise I was fully intending to have a go.
    If you are interested I have got a couple of posts on my blog at the moment and I intend to do another one soon as I found some more hidden lace the other day.
    I know what you mean by a labour of love as you can spend hours doing it and then when you look back at your work it seems as though you have done nothing!That is probably why I put it aside for awhile as I am too impatient!
    Keep it up!!
    http://www.themakingsofanurbanrustic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/lace.html
    and,
    http://www.themakingsofanurbanrustic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/bucks-point-corner.html

    ReplyDelete