Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Tuesday, 17 April 2012


A bit of donation boutique couture!   I had a very good day in the charity shops recently, managing to bag this floral bedsheet in one and a small bag of yellow yarn in another shop.  As you can hopefully see from the photo above the yarn goes remarkably well with the yellow floral in the fabric design.  Astute buying?  Nah, luck!

Anyway, I haven't managed to knit anything with the yarn yet but I have managed to make a dress out of the sheet.  I am hoping that the 9 balls of yellow will be enough to make a small co-ordinating shrug.


I'm really pleased with this dress.  As bed sheets aren't particularly bothered about transparency I have had to line this fully with a white poly cotton - including the skirt.  It has given the dress quite an expensive feel to it which isn't bad seeing as it cost about £5 to make.  The zip I used was a second hand one given to me and I have put in a lapped zip at the back which I am quite pleased with.  I was lucky to have a co-ordinating cardigan which I got for 20 pence at a jumble sale so this really feels like a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget! Thank you Mr HoffiCoffi for taking the photo. x
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It came out quite lovely. I also try to recycle fabrics whenever possible at http://seamssustainable.blogspot.com. I was opting my project this morning at Sew Country Chick and saw yours and was completely smitten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do love to use recycled fabrics. I've just checked out your blog which is fab and am now a follower.

      Delete