A bit of donation boutique couture! I had a very good day in the charity shops recently, managing to bag this floral bedsheet in one and a small bag of yellow yarn in another shop. As you can hopefully see from the photo above the yarn goes remarkably well with the yellow floral in the fabric design. Astute buying? Nah, luck!
Anyway, I haven't managed to knit anything with the yarn yet but I have managed to make a dress out of the sheet. I am hoping that the 9 balls of yellow will be enough to make a small co-ordinating shrug.
I'm really pleased with this dress. As bed sheets aren't particularly bothered about transparency I have had to line this fully with a white poly cotton - including the skirt. It has given the dress quite an expensive feel to it which isn't bad seeing as it cost about £5 to make. The zip I used was a second hand one given to me and I have put in a lapped zip at the back which I am quite pleased with. I was lucky to have a co-ordinating cardigan which I got for 20 pence at a jumble sale so this really feels like a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget! Thank you Mr HoffiCoffi for taking the photo. x