Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Wednesday, 29 February 2012


If any further evidence is needed to prove that I should have been a Fifties housewife I believe the above photograph would be 'Exhibit A'.

They are a bit Fanny Cradock with their odd shape and kitsch icing technique.  I love the colouring but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.  I had enormous difficulty trying to get the sugarpaste icing to smoothly cover the cakes without any overlaps, creases or bumps.  Took me a whole school day - my apologies to my family for the state of the house at hometime!

I keep telling myself that I taught myself to sew.  I've never attended a class on quilting or dressmaking and I am convinced I can do the same with cake decorating.  Trial and error and a few good books should see me right... and there's always YouTube....

So I will continue on my self taught quest for the perfectly iced cake until one burst piping bag too many drives me to an evening class.  The good news?  I can always eat my mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment