Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Monday, 9 January 2012



I realise that it's a little odd blogging about Christmas decorations in January.  By now everybody is even beyond 'New Year' mode but as I made these decs as Christmas presents for my friends I couldn't show them before the big day and if I don't do it now I'll forget!  New Years Resolution - buy a notebook!

The first one is an embroidery design taken from a book my mother has lent me.  I'm sure I'll blog more about this book during the year as it has been in the family for as long as I can remember and every time I open it I'm taken back to wearing intarsia jumpers with clowns on (complete with pom pom for the hat) anyway.... I digress....

By the way I really wasn't trying to make my friends think that I had splashed out on a Cath Kidston ornament - they all knew the decorations were homemade but I happened to have some Cath Kidston ribbon that went with the fabric and it looked more complete with a bow.



The second item was a bird taken from a BurdaStyle magazine and I just added a hanging loop.  I've got a bit of a thing about making stuffed birds - I need to get some wire and then I'm going to make a peacock out of the Liberty Book I recently acquired.  I can't get enough of fabric birds!



Thirdly this is the smallest decoration which actually took the longest time to make (don't you hate it when that happens!).  It has a handmade bobbin lace flower and leaf on it with a vintage button centre.  I really liked making it but it doesn't have a wow factor unless I suppose you stand by the tree and keep shouting "that took me three hours!"  I think I will have to stick with making the birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment