Tuesday, 6 December 2011
This is the finished quilt that I blogged about yesterday. It is very simply machine quilted as I was rather pushed for time and, with a deadline looming, I also tried to put the binding on by machine. Some fortuitous surfing advised me that it was easier to use a wider 'fancy' stitch to catch the top and bottom binding layers rather than a straight stitch which could easily go off piste and not catch all the layers.
It's a lovely soft quilt as all the fabric in it has been laundered many times. I did think about enhancing the antique feel this creates and giving it a sepia tone by dying it in tea. Still more surfing, however, pointed out that this could lead to a rather patchy effect on larger projects so I think I will save that experimentation for another day!