Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Tuesday, 6 December 2011


This is the finished quilt that I blogged about yesterday.  It is very simply machine quilted as I was rather pushed for time and, with a deadline looming, I also tried to put the binding on by machine.  Some fortuitous surfing advised me that it was easier to use a wider 'fancy' stitch to catch the top and bottom binding layers rather than a straight stitch which could easily go off piste and not catch all the layers.


It's a lovely soft quilt as all the fabric in it has been laundered many times.  I did think about enhancing the antique feel this creates and giving it a sepia tone by dying it in tea.  Still more surfing, however, pointed out that this could lead to a rather patchy effect on larger projects so I think I will save that experimentation for another day!


1 comment:

  1. I can imagine how lovely and soft this is! Such tiny squares... you must have infinite patience! :)

    ReplyDelete