Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Tuesday, 22 November 2011



I've recently purchased 'The Liberty Book of Home Sewing'.  I mainly bought it because I knew there would be a lot of 'eye candy' gorgeous fabrics in there but there are also some nice projects as well.

I fancied having a go at a rose corsage using their simple method of fusing two cotton fabrics together and pressing the petals round a knitting needle to get that lovely soft curl.  The only confusion I had was I thought I had photocopied it smaller than suggested but the resulting flower was massive!  I did put a pin in the back but really wasn't sure when I would have occasion to wear such a humongous rose.  My daughter came home from school and asked if I had any plans for it and, whilst I was hesitating, promptly put it on her hair band and is now the proud owner of the biggest hair accessory in the world!


Still, at least she will wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment