Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Thursday, 3 November 2011

Honey Bees Blouse



I've finally managed to finish something!  This is a blouse for my daughter from BurdaStyle.  It literally took me two weeks to figure out how to make the front yoke.  I had two identical pieces for the front yoke and I thought one was the lining.  Turns out you folded both of them in half so each piece became half of the front yoke including the lining.  I'm guessing the fact that I'm not describing this very well explains how tricky it was deciphering the instructions in the first place.  I don't envy people trying to write sewing patterns!


I'm really pleased with the way it has turned out and, once I had figured out how to make the panels, it was surprisingly easy to sew.  I love the effect of the gathered frill sleeve.  In fact, if I find I have another metre of fabric to spare I'd be tempted to sew up another one!





1 comment:

  1. This turned out so sweet. It is so hard for me to figure out sewing instructions without diagrams too as I have a hard time visualizing things. Its funny we were both sewing from the same magazine this week!

    ReplyDelete