Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Butterfly Cushion


I'm not usually one to cut up undamaged clothes.  If they are still useful in their original form my general feeling is that they should still be used for that purpose - but sometimes I have to make an exception.

My daughter saw this adult skirt in a charity shop and absolutely fell in love with the material.  She really wanted me to make it into a cushion and I could see the potential with its lovely large butterfly design so I broke my usual rule, bought it and cut it up.


 The excess fabric won't go to waste though.  I've already salvaged the invisible zip and the offcuts are put to one side to make a few hairbands and maybe a make up bag.  The skirt had a tie waist with shells on the end and I'm struggling to think of a use for them - but I'm sure I'll come up with something!

No comments:

Post a Comment