Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Nine Patch Quilt

 
 Happiness is finishing machine quilting!

Here is the completed quilt.  Unfortunately I couldn't get a very good shot of it in its entirety.  This shot had me precariously balancing on the edge of the sofa!


Now that it is finished I do love this quilt.  The wadding used is a cotton polyester mix which has a shrinkage factor of about 5 percent.  I haven't dared wash it though!  I tried a new binding technique by folding the backing fabric over the front and sewing through the resulting fold.  It was a bit fiddly but was certainly quicker than handsewing stand-alone binding to the back of the quilt.


I will definitely use the same quilting technique on my next quilt as I hope I have learnt a lot from doing this one.  I just can't resist the final vintage style look.

No comments:

Post a Comment