Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Thursday, 28 July 2011

A lovely thing happened to me yesterday.

I went out to a family fun day at a local park. There were activities for the children to do and you were advised to bring a picnic. There I was, sat on my picnic blanket munching on a sandwich with family and friends, when I turned around and the family next to us were sitting on a quilt I made three or four years ago!

I made it for the school summer fayre and I wasn't sure whether they had managed to sell it or had given it away as a raffle prize and I had feared that it had ended up in a school cupboard somewhere but there it was, out in the sunlight with a baby rolling on it. I can't describe how happy it made me feel seeing it being used. I know I'm sentimental, but it was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment