Wednesday, 22 June 2011
I am going to name this completed quilt top my 'Scrappy Happy Accident' quilt.
Despite being a scrap quilt there was supposed to be more of an ordered design with the calico triangles but I completely miscalculated the number required. I really don't know what I did - it was so spectacularly wrong that I couldn't help but be amused. I had cut too many coloured squares as well. It was a disaster. So I decided to run with it. Is there a technical term for 'making it up as I go along'?!
The result is shown above and you know, I like it. Hence the Scrappy Happy Accident Quilt.
It's made from a pack of fat quarters that I bought at a quilt show in May. I am supremely guilty of buying fabric bundles and then thinking that they are far too pretty for me to use. They then sit complete in their little bundle in my fabric cupboard with me occasionally stroking them but never having the nerve to use the fabrics, so this time I thought I would use them straight away to stop this vicious cycle. I teamed the pack with two other fabrics that just happened to come home with me from the quilt show and I am just waiting for the backing fabric I ordered to arrive before I complete it. Here's hoping I've ordered enough fabric!