Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Friday, 22 April 2011


I've finished it!

I've been working on this dress for what seems like an eternity. It was the first time I've attempted boning a bodice and, to be honest, most of the time was spent trying to put off this task, but once done the dress came together quite quickly.

A lot of adjustments were needed mind you. The neckline was way too big so the bust line had to be drastically reduced at the top and I pondered what to do for a week when it almost fitted but wasn't quite right. I think it was more luck than judgement when I nervously unpicked and hacked away a centimetre each side of the back seam and put it together again and it fitted like a glove. It's the first thing I have ever made where I've thought I could not have got a better fit off the peg.

Please indulge me whilst I add more images than perhaps Blogger can cope with. My thanks to my model Merle - I'd be nothing without you baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment