Sunday, 6 March 2011
Hurrah! I have finally finished a cardigan I abandoned a couple of years ago.
I remember putting it away in a huff as I just couldn't sew the sleeve insert correctly. Madness really as I had obviously finished knitting most of it. The cardigan itself is a very simple knit with the fancy edging knitted independently and then sewn onto the finished garment.
Anyway, I was prompted to work on it again as I have borrowed a pattern book of accessories in the same yarn and I was sure that if I finished this knit I would have a ball leftover that I could use. I went back to it and the sleeve went together like a dream. I guess all I needed was a little bit of distance... and a cup of tea!