Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Thursday, 27 January 2011


When sorting through my craft cupboard (well I say sorting, I mean pushing things out of the way!) I stumbled upon a bag containing scraps of fabric.

These were pieces left over from other projects that were too small to fold up and put back in the fabric boxes but too big to bear to throw out. So what is it they say? When life gives you scraps - make a quilt.

Well I didn't go as far as making a quilt but I did try a bit of crazy patchwork and made a cushion.

I do have a bit of a problem with crazy patchwork. It's not as bad as foundation piecing but I still have an inability to figure out which way the fabric will lie once it is flipped over after completing the seam.


You need a nice straight edge to sew the seam and then you flip it over and trim the top and bottom of the fabric you have just sewn to line up with the previous pieces. This, for me, is the work of Einstein so what should be a fairly quick technique takes me some time.

It does, however, please me greatly that I have managed to make a bag of scraps into something usable so I think it is a technique I will keep practicing.

2 comments: