Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Tuesday, 18 January 2011


Today I had my first ever attempt at making sugar paste icing.

It didn't quite work out as planned as I found it hard to get the right consistency but I am guessing that this is yet another thing in life where practice makes perfect! I used a recipe that called for egg white but I have found another recipe which suggests using gelatin which I think I will try next time. My apologies to any vegetarians.

The sponge was a lemon sponge which turned out quite nicely - I baked these individual cakes in ramekins as I don't have any small tins and was quite surprised that I managed to get them out in one piece!


I'm not going to win any awards for presentation but that just means that I will have to keep trying. More cakes? It's a hard life!

No comments:

Post a Comment