Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Sunday, 2 January 2011


DAISY AND BUTTERCUP

Meet Daisy and Buttercup, two owls made for my daughter's friends. I sewed up the owls and my daughter stuffed them and chose the colour of their eyes.

It was interesting to see how the same pattern changed when using different fabrics. One owl is made of fleece whilst the other is made from a shiny velvet-type fabric that had an alarming tendency to curl up. One owl ended up short and fat whilst the other ended up tall and skinny and I am sure I used the paper template I made in the same way. Still, they are very Laurel and Hardy like in their appearance and my daughter enjoyed helping me make them and it just reinforces the idea that homemade can be unique - every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment