Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Saturday, 11 December 2010


I would love to be able to draw. Most of the items I purchase from Etsy or Folksy involve some kind of illustration. I am completely envious of someone who can create something beautiful just by using a pack of pencils and their imagination.

Unfortunately whatever is in my imagination just doesn't transmit to paper very well! So I have decided to dabble a bit in creating pictures (I am not going to say 'art', me? art? I don't think so.) from fabric.

My first real attempt is this little boat card. I went through a myriad of emotions whilst making it (gosh - maybe I am arty!). I liked it, then I wasn't sure, then I disliked it, then I sort of liked it, then I finished it and I wasn't sure. Still, I have been asked to make some more so I am sure I will come to a firm opinion of it at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment